The WLACC Camping Department takes our responsibility for the welfare of youth very seriously. Each of our Merit Badge Counselors and staff monitoring the virtual world will have Youth Protection Training Certificates up-to-date and on-file with the WLACC Scout Service Center.
Youth Protection Procedures
The following barriers to abuse within Scouting are used at camp to ensure the safety of our youth campers. We always expect everyone to follow these guidelines:
- All youth participants are required to show proof of an updated and age appropriate Cyber Chip.
- All youth protection policies still apply in an online environment. Ensure you always have two-deep leadership for online activities and meetings. Our ban on one-on-one contact between adult leaders and youth applies to all interactions – whether in-person, online, over the phone, or in any other form.
- All aspects of the Scouting program are open to observation by parents. The BSA suggests that parents take part in online activities and meetings.
- Regularly review and implement the latest security features of your chosen platform to avoid unauthorized visitors or other security issues in your meetings.
- Each Scout will have their own login to the virtual world that must be on our approved guest list. When registering, the email address used on Doubleknot will be the same email approved for TRICΔMP. This will also be the email address that receives the Zoom information for each Cluster Course.
- Meeting invitations will not be published in public forums and we ask that attendees do not pass along invitations either.
- Our Zoom Meetings will have “waiting room” features to manage letting individuals into the proper space.
- Private chats will be disabled, and all Zoom meetings will be recorded to ensure the safety of all youth.
- Please review the terms of service, safety and privacy features, and data collection policies of any platform you use, and review the BSA Digital Privacy and Social Media Guidelines.
- All the BSA policies concerning online safety of Scouts can be found at: https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/safety-moments/digital-safety-and-online-scouting-activities/